Cheesy Pasta Skillet from An Alli Event

Saturday, August 24, 2013

I'd like to welcome Alli from An Alli Event to Anyonita Nibbles today! Alli's sharing a delicious pasta skillet dish! Take it away, Alli:

Cheesy Pasta Skillet from An Alli Event on www.anyonita-nibbles.com



I'm reaching way back into my recipe archives to pull out a family favorite from when my children were growing up. I was twenty-something when I first made this dish! It's Cheesy Pasta Skillet and it's a classic! Just to let you in on a secret, my now-grown son still prefers this cheesy pasta skillet dish over all the other pasta dishes I make.

Another plus for this dish is that it's all done in one pan! It's easy to make and easy to clean up - a winning combination! When I made this last week, my 24 year old daughter said it was the best pasta she had ever had and wondered why I didn't make it more often. I still remember (decades ago) the first time I made this dish. Since it's all cooked in the same skillet, I was concerned that the spaghetti would not cook properly. Boy, was I wrong! Just add a salad and garlic bread and you're done! Of course, I've been known to buy the pasta sauce with veggies and let this dish stand alone!

Close up of Cheesy Pasta Skillet from An Alli Event on www.anyonita-nibbles.com
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb. ground chuck
1 jar (26-28 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 (8 oz.) pack Mozzarella cheese, grated
2 cups water
8 oz spaghetti, uncooked, broken in half

 Instructions:
  1. Brown meat in a 12" skillet and drain.  
  2. Stir in sauce and two cups of water.  
  3. Bring to a boil.  
  4. Stir in spaghetti .  
  5. Reduce heat to medium low and cover.  
  6. Simmer 25 minutes or until spaghetti is al dente, stirring a few times.  
  7. Sprinkle with cheeses and cook 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.

  Loved Alli's recipe? Connect with her socially and stay up to date!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

What do you think of this recipe? Be sure to tag me in any recipes you make on social media and use #anyonitanibbles!